If you are new to the township and have bought an existing house the trash and recycle toters should have been left with the house.
If not, call the municipal building at (610) 253-7191 and report that the toters are not with the home.
If you have moved into a newly built house contact the same telephone number and the toters will be delivered to your new home.
Caring For Your Cart
- Do not drag the cart when moving it. Tilt and roll it with the lid closed.
- Keep lid closed at all times.
- Clean the cart periodically with water.
- Store the cart in the backyard, side yard, or garage.
- Do not store it near a fireplace, furnace, grill or other heat source.
- Do not place hot ashes, solvents, paints, or other flammable liquids in the cart.
- Do not use the cart to hold hazardous materials such as: dead animals, chemicals, oils, flammable liquids, medical waste, exposed needles, used bandages, etc.
- Do not place dirt, rocks, large limbs or building materials in the cart.
- Do not place automotive parts or tires in the cart.
- Do not overfill the cart to the extent the lid will not fully close. If the lid is not closed, garbage will spill onto the road during collection so the container will not be emptied.
- Do not allow children to play in or on the cart.
- Please DO NOT write house numbers or put any other marking on the carts.
- The cart is the property of Palmer Township. If you move, the cart must remain with the property you are leaving.
How To Place The Carts At The Curb For Collection
- Place all trash and recyclables curbised before 5:00 AM on your scheduled collection day. This allows for situation collection changes due to street construction or paving, weather issues, etc. that may require earlier collection. Carts must be placed within two feet of the curb edge and must be removed from the street no later than 7:00 PM on collection day. Carts are not to be left on the street all week.
- Please place the cart at least 4 feet from any tree, utility pole, mailbox, fire hydrant, etc., and at least 5 feet away from any cars parked in the street. Carts must be placed at least 3 feet apart from each other.
- Do not lean anything against the container, as it cannot be lifted for dumping.
- Remember to place the arrows on the lid of the container toward the street and the handle toward the house.
- The automated truck arm has a reach of 6 feet. The arm requires 3' clearance around the cart for the lifting mechanism to work properly. Cars parked within 5 feet of the container will inhibit or even prevent collection.
MATERIALS PLACED OUTSIDE OF THE CARTS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.