Palmer Pool Opening Information
June 5, 2020
Palmer Township will open our community pool in accordance with guidance from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, the Governor’s Office, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, when Northampton County transitions to the Commonwealth’s Green COVID-19 Phase. The Township will prepare a Palmer Community Pool COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines Policy, including specific details concerning signage, guest arrival and departure procedures, the operation of the facility, cleaning of the slides, diving boards, chairs, tables, bathrooms, and the operation of the concession stand.
In addition to the development of the Palmer Community Pool COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines Policy, lifeguard training and certification, pool staff training, and entrance/exit gate attendant training, will commence immediately. The Township will also add an additional staff member with the responsibility of COVID-19 Compliance Manager. Additionally, depending on the guidance in place on the date of the opening in the green phase, guidance from the Governor and PA DOH may restrict the number of pool attendees to Township residents and season pass holders. Currently, we plan on operating during our normally scheduled days and hours.
Palmer Township is looking forward to the opening of our pool and providing municipal amenities to our community in a safe and professional manner. Customers with concerns or question may call the Palmer Township Charles Chrin Community Center Staff at 610-252-2098.
- Palmer Pool memberships will be available at the Charles Chrin Community Center for PALMER RESIDENTS ONLY starting Monday, June 15 from 10 AM to 4 PM on weekdays.
- Memberships are available to Palmer residents only with appropriate proof of residency. Appropriate proof of residency includes an electric or sewer bill, drivers license etc.
- There will be NO DAY PASSES at the Palmer Pool this year. You must have a membership to gain admission.
- There will be no limit on memberships to Palmer residents. You do not need to be here on Monday, June 15th. As long as you have proof of Palmer residency you will be eligible to purchase a membership at any time during the summer.
- Family passes are limited to those living in your home.
- Please wear a facemask and practice appropriate social distancing when purchasing your membership.