Real Estate Tax
It is the responsibility of the Tax Collector's Office to collect real estate tax for the township and school district.
This office is located in the Municipal Building and is under the direction of the elected tax collector Doreen Umholtz.
If you have any questions please call the tax office at 610-252-0440.
The real estate tax is as follows:
- Easton Area School District (fiscal year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023) - 67.9900 Mills per $1000 of property assessment, or a multiplier of 0.06799. 66.870 represents the School District millage rate and 1.120 represents the Public Library millage rate.
- Northampton County (calendar year 2022) - 10.80 Mills per $1000 of property assessment, or a multiplier of 0.01080
- Palmer Township (calendar year 2022) - 8.25 Mills per $1000 of property assessment, or a multiplier of 0.00825
The amount of money you pay in real estate tax is based on two components. (1) The amount your property is assessed by Northampton County, and (2) the tax millage rate.
if your property is assessed at $100,000 (normally 1/2 the market value) your tax would be
- Easton Area School District - $100,000 x 0.06799 = $6,799
- Northampton County - $100,000 x 0.01180 = $1,180
- Palmer Township - $100,000 x 0.00825 = $825