It is the Parks & Recreation Department’s goal to provide citizens with a safe environment in which recreational opportunity can be maximized. Due to the wide variety of patron needs and use of Township property, it is necessary to establish the following rules and regulations.
Event representative must have permit with them for duration of the event.
1. Pavilion Reservations: Will be available to Palmer residents only for the month of January, beginning on the first business day of the New Year at 9:00 am. Pavilion rentals will become available to the general public on the first business day of February at 9:00 am. All reservations must be completed in person at the Charles Chrin Community Center of Palmer Township, Located at 4100 Green Pond Road Palmer, and PA 18045 Ph.610.252.2098. Pavilion rentals are prohibited during Palmer Community Days Weekend.
- Penn Pump- Gatherings of over 10 people require a permit at Penn Pump. There are 2 permits available per day. Penn Pump Park has a maximum occupancy of 250 people at any time. Penn Pump permits allow the responsible consumption of alcohol and access to restrooms.
- Penn Pump Pavilion Permit *Not to exceed 150 people. Allows parking near the pavilion and pavilion access. One permit available per day. Call 610-759-2200 if gate is closed after 8am. Residents $100.00 & Non-Residents $175.00
- Penn Pump Picnic Permit *Not to exceed 50 people. Picnic permit for Penn Pump allows access to 5 picnic tables outside of the pavilion. One permit available per day. Residents $50 & Non-Residents $100
- Riverview- Permit for Riverview Park pavilion allows the responsible use of alcohol at the pavilion only. There is one permit available per day. Residents $100.00 & Non-Residents $175.00
- BIP Pavilion, Briarcliffe, Fairview, Keystone, & Mill Race – Alcohol prohibited. There is one permit available per day. esidents $75.00 & Non-Residents $150.00
3. Swimming, Boating and Wading are prohibited within 100 feet of the Dam at Penn Pump Park as ordered by the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission.
4. Rental hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm, unless otherwise posted or approved with permit. Use of the facility is guaranteed for the period specified in the permit only. Event set-up and clean-up must be included in the rental period.
5. Littering is prohibited in Palmer Township Parks.
6. Amplification of sound- Amplifiers, speakers and other sound amplification devices are prohibited in Palmer Township Parks.
7. Decorations/Clean up: Facilities are to be left in the same condition as before use.
- Only removable adhesive tabs are allowed for securing your decorations. Staples, nails, tape, pushpins, adhesive backed decals, tacks or paint are prohibited. All decorations and other items brought into the shelter are to be removed and disposed of properly. Under no circumstances are signs to be nailed, pinned, or stapled to any tree, park sign, facility, and/or along the roadways. Renter will be responsible for damage of facilities.
- Balloons: Helium balloons are allowed provided they are securely anchored or strung together; they are removed at the completion of the event and air tanks are properly secured during the event.
8. Department Signs, forms, and other materials are not to be removed or altered unless authorized by the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
9. Picnic Tables: Picnic tables are provided in the pavilions. The picnic tables are not to be moved in or out of the shelter without prior approval of the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
10. Vehicles: Must be parked in designated parking areas. Loading or unloading from vehicles must be done from designated areas only. Vehicles parked in non-designated areas will be towed at the owners’ expense.
11. Electricity: Palmer Parks and Recreation does not guarantee the availability of power due to overloading, malfunctions or vandalism. Palmer Parks and Recreation Department will make every effort to ensure electrical outlets are in proper working order; however, a refund will not be granted due to a non-working electrical outlet or lights. Generators are prohibited in Palmer Township Parks.
12. Alcohol/Illegal Drugs: The use, sale and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs are prohibited. *Responsible use of alcohol is permitted at Penn Pump and Riverview Pavilions Only with permit.
13. Smoking of any kind is prohibited in Palmer Township Parks.
14. Gambling or games of chance are prohibited in Palmer Parks without written permission of the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
15. Commercial Activity: Admission charge, donations, or the sale of items is prohibited. Commercial groups are not permitted to use facilities to promote their products, business, etc. without written approval from the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
16. Representative: Applicant agrees to be present on site at all times during the function at the facility , or designate a representative who will be there to serve as a liaison between Palmer Township and event goers at all times during the term of the permit. The applicant is responsible for all actions, behavior and/or damages caused by his/her guests/attendees.
17. Fireworks are prohibited within Palmer Township Parks.
18. Fires: are prohibited except in township provided grills for cooking and charcoal must be used in lieu of propane or any other method. Fires in grills must be completely extinguished before leaving the park. Grills may be restricted in the event of drought conditions.
19. Alternate cooking methods are prohibited without written consent of the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department. No propane grills are permitted. Cooking is allowed on township provided grills only.
20. Skates: Skates, skateboards, roller skates, inline skates and similar equipment may be restricted to certain times and locations by Palmer Parks and Recreation officials for safety reasons.
21. Sleeping: Sleeping in Palmer Township Parks is prohibited between the hours of 10:00pm-8:00 am unless approved by the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
22. Trespass: No person shall remain in any park or facility after it is closed without permission of the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
23. Interference with Authorized Activities: No person or group shall interfere with any recreational activities or event authorized by the Palmer Parks & Recreation Department.
24. Any section or part of any park or facility may be declared closed to the public at any time or limited to certain users or times as public interest demands.
25. Inflatables, dunk tanks and mobile gaming units are prohibited without written approval of the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department.
26. Lost and Found: The Palmer Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
27. Special Event: Various special events may be approved at a facility in or around shelter areas resulting in increased crowds and traffic. The Palmer Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for any impact the increased vehicle and pedestrian traffic might have on your event.
28. The Palmer Parks and Recreation Department will not be responsible for providing or supervising any equipment including, but not limited to, cooking equipment, storage, sound reproduction or amplification equipment, stages, platforms, special lighting, film projecting apparatus, power extension cords, or any other type of equipment. A Palmer Parks and Recreation Department representative may disallow the use of any equipment for safety reasons or to ensure department policy is followed.
29. Dogs and other pets are prohibited in Palmer Parks. Leashed pets are permitted on the Bike Path.
30. Inclement Weather: If inclement weather prevents the use of the shelter you may reschedule your event or request a refund with proper notification. To reschedule your event or request a refund due to inclement weather:
- The first business day after your rental, call and notify the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department at 610-252-2098.
- Refunds will be issued within 4 weeks of request.
- Refunds will only be given to the original applicant listed on the Facility Use Permit.
- All rescheduled events are subject to availability.
31. Rescheduling: If you need to modify an existing reservation (change the time, date, etc.) it must be done at least seven (7) days prior to the scheduled use. All modifications are subject to availability.
a. Modifying event times may be done over the phone by calling 610-252-2098 or visiting the Palmer Parks and Recreation Department at the Charles Chrin Community Center. Applicants must bring the facility use permit with them to make changes.
32. Cancellations: There will be NO REFUNDS granted for cancellations.